03 February 2010

I am an atheist, but she tries to make me a Christian?

Full Question:

I am an atheist but she tries to make me a christian? I have been atheist all my life, my girlfriend tried to make me a christian overnight forcefully and we ended up having a big fight. What the hell is wrong with Christianity? Why is it so difficult to accept things as they are? After fighting for 2 days, she decided to hide all things from Christianity from me. Not even telling me what she'll be doing for church activities. Is it so difficult to tell me things? It makes me happy to hear about things that she enjoys doing even though I am not a believer. she threw it off simply by saying things like "my heart will hurt everyday for as long as you don't believe in God" and "I will only tell you things if you're a believer". she wasn't like this initially, I feel that the bible is corrupting her mind now. Whats your view as any solution?

Answer:

Dear Friend, it is not a new question, but is interesting. But you like to give an answer which is also interesting so that these problem may be solved and you to be together again with happiness. Hey man there is an interesting answer in Bible saying its reason. If your friend or some distant relative is the one saying that, you can avoid it easily. But is not the same while you deal with your spouse, brother or sister.

I had its answer from the Bible and don't hesitate to read this because of that. I do believe there is nothing wrong if a non-christian reads it. There are some necessary instructions for her in the Bible, but you the one who asked me and so you should try to bring this into practice.

The most important reason which made her behave like that is in Bible, 1 Peter 3:7 "In the same way, you husbands must give honor to your wives. Treat your wife with understanding as you live together. She may be weaker than you are, but she is your equal partner in God's gift of new life. Treat her as you should so your prayers will not be hindered." These sentence include the answer which is woman are weaker. Don't think they are weak physically alone, but you have to understand that she is weaker than you in many areas as you know.

You should realize that she is more weaker than you. She will sad and angry more often than you are all due to that. As long as she lives along, it may doesn't matter, but once she got a spouse, a man to care, she will start depending on him for almost all her purposes. She will put her trust in you and she will make you only person to depend in need. While you being such a person for her to depend and if you reject her by even a simple word or deed, she would feel like, so rejected, avoided, sad and totally lost. This is quite common and is what just happened here. Try to understand and love her, dude.

And my view as a solution is try to participate with her in a level you can. I am not questioning you for you are an atheist. But why can't you just believe that there is a God. As much as you get into the details of anything that how it is made of, you can realize that even a cell, an atom or a sperm can not be made with such a structure without a God. If once you just search for a God from you heart, He will reveal yourself to you and it will change your life and those persons like me who realized that do not have words to express how great it is.

I don't force you to be a Christian cause I know it is not a matter of forcing, imposing or compelling. Unfortunately your girlfriend lack the knowledge for that. I am asking apology for her to force you so and don't beat or force her to obey you by hearing some words of your friends or so, which will result her to be feel depressed. I mentioned this because I know some cases in which it happened which resulted in divorce and great family issues.

If you don't mind try to participate with her as possible as you can and if can also read the link of question below which will help you get some good basis of a married and family life.
May God help you with this answer and will give give you a wonderful and successful married life. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment