03 January 2010

What if we don't keep His commandments?

Full Question:

Jesus said, "You are my friends if you keep my commandments." What if we don't keep his commandments?
Here's John 15:14 in context in the NIV: "My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other" (emphasis added).

If we don't follow Jesus' directives to love one another as he loved us by following his moral law and taking positive charitable action that will bear "fruit that will last," do we lose his friendship? As a followup, does this teaching suggest his love is conditional or unconditional?

Answer:

If 'Common People', those who don't know Jesus personally as the God and savior and they don't keep His commandments, they were still just common people.

But if someone in the church, a believer who knows about the love and things about God and Jesus and  still don't keep His commandments, they were an unfaithful believer.

And finally if people like you who know that God is good and it is good to be God's friend, and knows very well that its better to keep His commandment and still don't keep His commandments or still don't try to keep His commandments, you will become His enemies when He come back with glory and power.

No comments:

Post a Comment