06 January 2010

Why won't God heal my leg?

Full Question:

Okay, I don't claim to understand everything about God. But why won't God heal my leg? I've gone to church since I was a little girl, hardly ever missed a Sunday. It was diabetes that started five years ago, and they had to take the leg a year ago next month. I've prayed and everyone I know has, but I'm starting to lose faith or whatever? Lots of people say amputees never get their healing, but I still think God can do Anything if He wants to. Christians, will God heal me? He still will, if I keep on trusting in Him?

Answer:

Dear Friend, I know your situation is so sad and you really need an answer for this question to keep yourselves growing in Christ. The content of what all I have to say you is to, "Be Strong And Mature In Christ."

Many times in our life, we all need to go through situations like this suffering some types of diseases, financial crisis, family breakdown and so on. I have seen many people losing their faith in situations like this. It is like faith vanishing away, on situations when they came to know that they have certain serious diseases like cancer or some incurable disease to the medical science. But we should not be in a mentality or attitude to Losing Faith so fast, like an unbeliever, who think there is no God.

One way or other there are also many temptations especially in the form of doubts for all these kind of incidents. I used to tell a topic from Bible which is so interesting. And in your case it is so matching as it is with the leg. It is the words in Bible, Habakkuk 3:17-19. Please take this words seriously and try to practice it in your life so that your life and attitude may completely change.

"Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights."

In these verses the situations mentioned here shows a complete emptiness in our life. These situations can be visualize as the situation in which we lose all our possessions, wealth, family members, suffering of diseases, not fruitful, problems in life and so on. But what we need to learn a lot from the reply of Habakkuk. He is just saying that, if all these things problems happen in his life, yet he will rejoice in the Lord. We should also be in such a view towards the things from God.

And if you are going to practice it in your life, the next verse is for you which says, "he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights." So pray to God for heal you, and tell will boldness that I will worship my Lord even if My legs are not healed.

You can also look upon the situation of Shadrach, Meshach, Abed-nego in the book of Daniel. At the moment they are going to throw out to the fire. They are saying that "O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and he will rescue us from your hand, O king. But even if he does not, we want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up." Also we can see the same attitude in the life of Job when problems especially bad diseases came into his life, which is mentioned in detail at the book of Job.

What I have to say you personally is that, this should be the attitude of a mature Christian. Bible says clearly that, we have troubles and temptations in this world. If we all gonna lose our faith in problems, I think there won't be a single believer would remain hoping for Jesus Christ, because everyone having their own problems one way or the other.

So continue and keep praying with this attitude. May God heal you.

3 comments:

  1. Alfred, You are so wise in the Lord and an inspiration to many, myself included...I know in my heart of hearts that God is smiling upon you.You are a true and faithful servant to The Lord Jesus Christ.I am proud to call you a brother in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey alfred, i have to disagree with alot of what you have said. It is very simple. I do not know the girl, but if you could from one Christian to another i would love for you to tell her. The thing i disagree the most is; '...and tell will boldness that I will worship my Lord even if My legs are not healed.'' (!!) Thats the whole point why Jesus died for us on the cross. Healing is already been given in our salvation package. I use 1 peter 2:24 and it says very clear, ...by His wounds you have been healed'' What the girl should so is to meditate on that scripture in praise and thanksgiving. To meditate untill she can see it with her eyelids closed.Even Joshua 1:8 says so. She should speak 1peter 2:24, pray the word, and listen to it. So that it can get rooted inside her heart. Because out of the heart flows the issues of life. His words are seeds, it is life. It is not God heal me, heal me. The work is already done. Medidate, hide the word in your heart, speak for the word, untill she sees her healing manifested. I swear, the word works for people who knows how to work it, and are in the right position for it to work. I am proof of it. God bless you. If you can, please tell the girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you peace and happiness on whatever planet you inhabit. This is amongst the most amazing sanctimonious drivel I have ever read. Please get a life.

    David

    ReplyDelete